Simple yet effective tips for a great trade show booth:
- Be welcoming. Make your booth inviting by removing tables that block people from getting into your booth.
- Simple is best. Avoid “visual clutter” and use one focal point and only three messages
- People love “freebies”. Be sure to have give-aways BUT to “get something” they have to “give something”. They must give you their business card.
- Train your people how to be effective in the booth BEFORE they arrive. Have a game plan that includes weeding out the “tire kickers” from the real buyers. (Jonathan can help with this.)
- Have everyone that works your booth bring TWO pairs of shoes to wear. Change your shoes every hour or two (at the most). Your body will be less tired and less sore while keeping your energy up throughout the day.
- NEVER sit while in your booth. Take breaks outside of your booth area. Your booth is your sales floor!
- Hide trash, boxes, clutter. Everything and everyone should look crisp, clean and representative of your company.
- Ask customers to “work a shift” in your booth to share their success story of doing business with your company. Reward them with a dinner certificate as a thank you.
- Have something or someone that is designed to STOP traffic in the aisles and make attendees come to your booth to see what you offer. (Like us. . .)
- Be more “interested” than “interesting”. You are here to meet people, build relationships that will yield results weeks later when you follow up with those you met. The more you know about them, the more they want to know about YOU.
Want Customized Strategies?